Notre Dame des Victoires is the former chapel of the Augustinian fathers (Petits-Pères), built in the years 1629-1740. After the French Revolution, it became parish church. In 1836, the parish priest dedicated the church to the devotion of the Immaculate Heart of Mary after the Blessed Virgin appeared to him; the church became a place of pilgrimage. The Church was designated a Basilica in 1927. The church has no aisles, but a continuous series of chapels. The church houses a monumental tomb dedicated to Jean Baptiste Lulli (1632-1687).
The beautifull organcase, tribune and entrance to the nave was made in 1739 by Louis Régnier. François-Henri Lesclop constructed the first organ. The instrument was reconstructed in 1870 by Charles Spackmann Barker and John Abbey in 1898. In 1973, a new instrument was placed by Alfred Kern in French-German neo-classical style. A restauration was carried out in 1995 by Mulheisen. There are only a few old stops (approx. 7).
|Main builder||History||Latest restauration|
|1973 - Alfred Kern||
1739 - Lesclop
1870 - Barker
1898 - Abbey
1956 - Roethinger
|1995 - Mulheisen|
IV/49 - Mechanical traction
Titulaires: Luc Stellakis.
Famous organists in the past: François Roberday
Masses with organ: saturday 18.30 h, sunday 11.00 h
Guy Morancon - Claude Balbastre: Le Chant des Marseillois (Erato 2292-45867-2 1992)
Specific links: -